Friday, June 1, 2012

Madeline's quilt

The top, with a peeking corner of the backing

I made this quilt with my mom for my niece, Madeline (aka Maddie or Lion).  Her mom picked out a fun sheet for the back, and used this crib skirt from big sisters Piper and Tallie.  I used some pinks from Piper's and Tallie's quilts, and added lots of beautiful bright colors - coral, turquoise, green, yellow, and lavender - to match the sheet that we started with.  The design of the top is 6 large blocks with a pink and white striped border.  The back is the large-print floral sheet that Linde picked out, with a double border of pink and pieced aqua strips.  It is bright and bold and pretty and so fun!  I designed and cut the quilt here, mom and I did the piecing together when she came to visit, and then she took it home and did all the quilting and binding at her house.  Isn't the quilting beautiful!?  It was finished in March, 2012.

Work in progress

The back


The top

No comments: